CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 24, 2009

So the Big news


Jon was called to be the 2ND Counselor in the Bishopric today I was in tears and so were his parents I was so proud to see him up there right before they told him to go sit up there I asked him if he was scared and he said yes.. Now if you know Jon he is not one to get scared about much of anything, but this was one of those things that he felt he was not ready for..

Let me just say this (and by no means is this because he is my husband) Jon is such a big loving person, with a heart of gold he would do anything for anyone without question he See's so many things that I overlook and he is my rock, soul mate and best friend and I know that Our Father put him where he should be...

Jon's parents came so that his Dad could do all the stuff after and I cried, bishop, his Mother, his Dad and Jon and there was some other people in there.Jon being the only Brother in his family to go on to a Mission or be active in anyway I'm sure you could understand how his parents felt, When they were doing this I went and sat by Jon's Mother and held her hand and we cried together.

Many people just see this as oh well he is just 2ND Counselor but I see it as growth and faith and the love and blessing that Jon has been given! I knew when I met him that he was great guy but each day that goes by makes me love him more and more what a great example he is to our kids the boys were so happy!

So as I watch my oldest past sacrament each Sunday and now watch my Husband sitting beside the Bishop I realize how lucky I really am.. And we should all count them one by one!

4 comments:

Christine Bushman said...

what a gret thing to happen to your family! You guys ROCK! tell Jon, he'll do great. we saw it in him when you were here.

And a couple words of advise from someone who has been there:
1)just ask how the meeting or such went... not ask for details. If he says his meeting went fine...leave it at that. I got that alot
2)remember behind any good man in the church there is an even great women!
3)Always have his dress clothes ready to go
4)there are many called and few are choosen
5)don't listen or remember anything negtive or bad comments people will make... like "i'm sorry, he will be gone alot" so on so. -- just remember those times that no one will ever get to see, when your family does something just for them.
6)go read the book "side by side:supporting a spouse in church service" it is written by a former bishop's wife-- she holds nothing back. It is no longer at Desert Book, but you can google it.

You will do GREAT at this! So will Jon!

LD said...

Congrats, Congrats!! To Jon the boys and you.

Unknown said...

Very cool news about your family. I didn't know your son could pass the sacrament yet! That is so cool! Tell Jon we are proud of him.

Welcome to Newman's World said...

yep Lorenzo will be 13yrs old in Jan. Jonathan turns 8 this Oct. and Jadon will be 4 in April where does the time go??? Thanks Girls I will tell him.