CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, November 21, 2008

I'm so blessed.....


You know there are times in your life that you can't help but to wonder what if?? Today Jon got a email from a long time friend that we both worked with and Jon was his Best Man at his wedding and the girl he married was LDS but was inactive at the time. And we both hoped that she would come back and that he would see what he could have. Let me just start off by saying I look at my Husband and there are time's I am speechless of the Faith he has and the example that he is and doesn't even know it. I fail to see that people watch us and take things in good or bad and we should always be on the straight and narrow. Not always easy is it not for me I know that. but here is some of that email to Jon from his friend ~

"I have decided to get baptized in the Mormon faith on December 18th or 20th!! They tell me it will probably be the 20th which is a Saturday. And then I understand there is a second part that will be completed on Sunday the 21st. All of this is to take place at the “Sandia Ward?” on Eubank and Candelaria.



Since you are my best friend, and by the way, the one responsible for me becoming interested in the Mormon faith anyway (I was quietly watching you for years there & taking notes–BTW) which I am sure you already knew… I wanted to ask if you would be the one to perform my Baptism and be in the ordinance performed the next day on Sunday.

I always knew there was something different about you, and being the curious one I am, am very happy I decided to find out more about what kept your temper in check and how you were able to handle a lot of thing much better than I. I hope you can be there, it means allot to me. Thank you Jon for your influence in my life.."


Now reading that made me cry because I see all of that in my Husband and as I told him you might not know what you mean to people and what a blessing he is even in my own life I had nothing before him and he has blessed me in a way he will never know. And now my kids have a father they can look up to and I can only hope they will follow in his footsteps. There are some other friends that I know Jon was a friend in time of need even when he didn't know them. I have watched Jon pick up a man and carry him to the dinner table because he was weak! I have seen Jon sleep at a hospital beside a man he never met only because he knew it was right and to this day that brings tears to my eyes and yes they are very close even now! I guess what I am saying is people are put in our lives for a reason and at the time we might not know why but we need to be at our best an if that means we go out of our way to let them know what they mean to us then that's what we should do...That's what we are asked to do right. I love my husband and i love his sweet soul. just something to think about.

6 comments:

Sara said...

I saw those qualities in Jon too. He seemed to be so in tune with the spirit (he knew I was preg. with my third child before I even knew) after being in my home for a random check up visit on our craziness of a family. I'm not the least bit surprised that his friend, and note-taker, is being baptized. You have that to Stacy; let your lights continue to shine. It's great that you can see the goodness in your husband without having to look too long. Does this mean you'll be in Alb? :)

Angela S said...

That is wonderful!

Welcome to Newman's World said...

Sara~ yes we will be there I wouldn't miss it for the world. And let me just say we always loved your family and Jon loved going to your home. And I thank you for your sweet spirit as well... we miss you guys and I hope you get to feeling better.

Kabe 'n Dave said...

Stacy that's awesome! Your post is so true! We really never know when we're making an impact on somebody's life, or being an influence for good. Good for Jon for being such an example! I'm thankful for our friendship Stacy! Luv ya

LD said...

That made me cry! You guys are amazing. What an honor for Jon to baptize his friend. We love you!

Stacey said...

Your husband is a great guy. (even if he did take you away from here) I was always impressed by his willingness to serve!