CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

That still small voice

Well I was suppose to go to my Grandpa's 80Th B-day on sat. night and we were going to leave on Friday night spend some time with my Step dad (which by the way I call dad) My father died two years ago. Anyway his father just passed away last week and I wanted to be there for him but when we had everyone in the car said the prayer and hit the road right before we got on to I-40 I had a feeling we should not go, which by the way I have had before and I have always listened but this time I just said to Jon "I have a feeling we need to stay" and he pulled over and told me he hasn't going to go any where if that's how I felt... Which I was so happy my husband didn't question me and that he knew I wouldn't have said that if it wasn't true. But on the other hand this one night my whole family was going to be together but me which I felt like crap but they understood, but it didn't make me feel any better and the Quick death with my own father and now my Dad's I worry about my Grandpa he is okay but his heath is a worry! But who am I to question the spirit? I really wanted to be there but not welling to put my family or myself in harms way or anything else that could have happened. I am so Thankful for that still small voice that guides us and protects us. And believe it or not that night Jon said he had a feeling but didn't want to tell me but he said once I said it , it confirmed how he felt. That tells me we are ONE and we feed off each other. I am very sad but I also know that in a couple of weeks I will go back to see him and my Dad. I thank God for what he has allowed us to have and be blessed with if only we take the time to listen! It might not be what we want to hear! But we are blessed to have that just like our prayers we may not get the answer we want or when we want it but that's not how he works and I have come to realize who am I to question the reason's? I am suppose to believe in him to guide me in the straight and narrow and that's what i did..I hope anyone that reads this can stop and think about your own blessing's and be thankful when you can look around and see your wonderful family and all that he has given to us...

1 comment:

Kabe 'n Dave said...

Good for you for listening to that still small voice! I guarantee that you'll be blessed for listening, even though it was hard not to go. How blessed we are to have the Spirit with us to guide and direct us!