CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Father's love

A son asked his father, 'Dad, will you take part in
> a marathon with me?' The
> father who, despite having a heart condition, says
> 'Yes'. They went on to
> complete the marathon together. Father and son went
> on to join other
> marathons, the father always saying 'Yes' to his
> son's request of going
> through the race together. One day, the son asked
> his father, 'Dad, let's
> join the Ironman together.'
>
> To which, his father said 'Yes'
>
> For those who didn't know, Ironman is the toughest
> triathlon ever. The race
> encompasses three endurance events of a 2.4 mile
> (3.86 kilometer) ocean
> swim, followed by a 112 mile (180.2 kilometer) bike
> ride, and ending with a
> 26.2 mile (42.195 kilometer) marathon along the
> coast of the Big Island
>
> Father and son went on to complete the race
> together. View this


1 comment:

KCordell said...

Thanks for that. It really made me feel so good inside. It's makes me want to be so much more for my children. I say there isn't anything I wouldn't do for them but that would be hard. I need to say yes more often when they ask me to do something with them. Why shouldn't I go down the slide with Pierce when he asks me too? Why can't we make cookies when he wants too? That's what quality time is, right? I can do/be more for him. Thank you.