CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Reach High Boys!!


You know as I sit here in peace at 11:38pm I get to thinking about my Kids and what it means to me to have them. As you Know Jadon turned 3 today and the wheels go round and round in my head. It's funny there is a saying that when a Daughter get's married the Mother gain's a Son but when a Son get's Married it's different.

I really hope this is not true I have found that I am very close to Jon's parents I call them Mom and The Dude so I haven't seen it happen yet, But When I look at my boys and we talk about what they want to be or what they want in life it makes me wonder like tonight at dinner Lorenzo said after he goes on his Mission he wants to go in the Army and I said no way~ Jon say's great support our country!

I do feel that because of the Men and Women that are out there we have our freedom but I ask myself what would I do without my son.. I can't go and check on him to make sure he's good or needs anything it's not like I can just go and see him anytime I want and that is scary to me. I know he is only 12 but he has been saying this for a long time now this is not the first we have talked about this. And the whole Dating thing what if I don't like the girl will I ever feel that someone will ever be good enough for my son's? I have so many hopes for my boys I hope and pray that they live right, that they go on a mission and find a great women have kids make a great husband and father Stay close to Jon and I.

I wonder does a parent ever really let go or do they just step back a little and hope for the best? I know I have a while to think about this but what would I be without my boys I can't answer that because no matter how different they are I know they were sent for me. Boy's are crazy and hard at time's but when they kiss me goodnight or tell me how pretty I am or say a prayer for me, or just grab my hand and say I love you Mom I melt.

I might be hard on the outside but I will tell you there are very few people in this world that can break me and those 3 boys can do it to me all the time. And I'm not talking about making me mad I am saying I would move the earth if I could for them, I would reach for every star if they asked. I just hope when the teen age years come that they know the Love I have for them will never be put into words! All I can say is for right now in this Moment I am a very Blessed Mother I thank our Father every night for what he has allowed me to have and I am very thankful.

Sometimes all it takes is for us to "Step back A Little" and see what we are blessed with and see who and what we are in this life, Why are we here what have we been asked to do? maybe it's as small as to "Count your blessings" ...

3 comments:

Christine Bushman said...

you can get the book at the LDS bookstore...deseret book.


and I hear ya!! there are times, that I just want to 'kill' my boys, but in those moments, that the spirit teaches me, just how much they love me. I see it in their eyes, and in the simple things they say to me and each other.-- mind you, they are not perfect.
but just as you said, take a step back to see the whole picture. I wonder if our Heavenly Father has done that to us. He can see the BIG picture!

Kabe 'n Dave said...

Stacy I haven't been able to see any of your new posts for like 2 weeks! :( They finally showed up today though! Your post was so sweet Stacy. I know all 4 of your boys know how lucky they are to have a wife and mother who loves them so much. Oh yes, how we are all so blessed!

Welcome to Newman's World said...

Thanks ladies...